ELCEN, the major thermal power producer in Romania and Marubeni Corporation in Japan signed a contract on Tuesday to create a mixed company to build a gas power at Fantanele (Mures county), as the EUR 170 million investment will be concluded in 2017. The mixed company Fantanele Gas Power company will belong 90 per cent to Marubeni Corporation as the rest of 10 per cent will go to Electrocentrale Bucharest. The gas power station will have a 250 MP capacity and the newly-created company will work as an independent energy producer, reads an ELCEN release. Upon signing the documents to create the mixed company, ELCEN CEO Hiroshi Tachigami was present along with chairman of Marubeni Europower as well as other representatives of the two companies and the authorities. “Fantanele is the first investment project in infrastructure in Romania and we are thrilled to reach this development stage as part of the long term strategy for a more significant participation in Central and Eastern Europe. Marubeni Europower aims to expand their presence in Romania and this pilot project can prove the stability, safety and functionality of an energy market aiming to an independent energy system,” said chairman of Marubeni Europower. The project aims to create energy production units fuelled with gas, placed within the former Fantanele Thermal Power Station which is out of use at the moment.
Victor Ponta on Basescu’s overview: It’s subjective, highlighted the positive parts and hid the negative ones
President Traian Basescu makes balance sheet of his ten-year term: many satisfactions and achieved things, but also regrets and failures
Teodorovici: Romania to receive approval from EC on 2014-2020 Operational Programme on Competitiveness until Tuesday
Traian Basescu-Klaus Iohannis exchange baton at the Cotroceni Palace: Romania’s President-elect to officially take over his presidential prerogatives on Sunday
In end-term stocktaking review, Costoiu announces project to build International Centre for Advanced Studies in the Danube Delta
The Nine O’Clock Supplement
Nine O’Clock Announcements
5, Intrarea Armasului, District 1, Bucharest, Telephone: 317.71.36 / 317.71.35, Fax: 317.71.33 / 317.71.39
Nine O`clock Ads
Subscribe to RSS
Subscribe to RSS or enter you email to receive newsletter for news, articles, and updates about what's new.