Powered by Max Banner Ads
Report: Private hospitals received more funds than the public hospitals.
Premier Victor Ponta made several statements Tuesday evening, closing the row sparked by the decision to cut public financing for private hospitals. He explained that the private sector will further receive money from the National House of Health Insurances (CNAS) for family physicians and ambulatory care, as well as for first aid or the transport of emergencies to hospital, but the financing for surgeries will mostly be secured for public units. “I have the impression that Nicolaescu also got involved in the battle fought within PNL on who is more Liberal than the other. As I was told, family physicians and everything related to ambulatory care will continue to be paid by the National House of Health Insurances. So, when one says that nothing will be given to the private sector, this is incorrect. For emergency medical care, the private zone will be paid everything implied by first aid and transport to hospital, but nothing more. Emergency care remains to the state,” Ponta said on Realitatea TV. As for the medical assistance in hospitals provided to cases like births, the premier explained that the most difficult surgical operations are performed in public hospitals.The prime minister’s statement with this regard comes after Health minister Eugen Nicolaescu announced that private hospitals will no longer receive financing from the state budget, saying that the framework-contract that will come into effect on March 1st will cut the financing of private hospital units from CNAS funds, which will allow to increase the budget of state hospitals by approximately 10 pc.Also yesterday, the minister of Health presented a report which finds that private hospitals have enjoyed, for a long time, preferential financing as the sum paid per solved case was negotiable, rather than fix, like in the case of public hospitals, so they received more funding.
Ponta: Gov’t is not real estate firm
The prime minister also mentioned that the number of service dwellings operated by the State Protocol Administration should be reduced to 20-50 apartments for dignitaries, plus 10 more protocol villas for the head of the state, the speakers of the Parliament and the prime minister, and the rest of assets should be sold. “Let’s decide who benefits from service dwelling in Romania: ministers, those equal to ministers and, possibly, state secretaries. There are many people assimilated, I admit, there are many people from various institutions. (…) The government is not a real estate firm. Any government in the world, I presume, has several dignitaries, not too many, but we must establish their rank, presidential counsellors whose rank is assimilated with a minister, and I will keep 20, 30, 50 apartments for them and we will also keep 10 out of the God-knows-how-many villas for the president, the speakers of the Chamber and Senate, the prime minister should go to Neptun, Predeal or Covasna if necessary, 10 villas, and absolutely everything else will be sold,” Ponta said on Realitatea TV. He added that the government will make public a preliminary list with the tenants of RA-APPS, which – he says – still includes Mircea Geoana, with a monthly rent of EUR 3,200.Last week, PM Ponta announced that the government will publicly present on its internet page the complete list of all those who occupy a dwelling provided by the State Patrimony Protocol Administration (RA-APPS) and, depending on reactions, he will decide whether there are too many tenants or rents are too small.As for the idea of detaching army personnel to the Ministry of Finance in view of countering tax evasion, the premier made clear that the idea did not belong to him, but to the founding president of PC, Dan Voiculescu, who was already criticised for it, and explained that the proposal referred to detaching from other ministries people that are not involved “with this world.”The founding president of PC, Dan Voiculescu said Monday that in the USL meeting he attended it was discussed the idea of detaching military personnel to the Ministry of Finance, which will become involved in the fight against tax evasion, because there are not enough inspectors to control tax dodgers. PM Ponta also said that he talked with Economy minister Varujan Vosganian about appointing the former general manager of Hidroelectrica, Traian Oprea as his advisor and, following the discussion, they reached the conclusion that “the person that signed all the contracts with the smart guys” will not become advisor.