5.1 C
Bucharest
March 1, 2021
BUSINESS

E.ON Romania to sue ANRE over decreasing gas price by 3pc

Companies of the E.ON Romania group are contemplating possible legal action against the National Regulatory Authority in the Sector of Energy (ANRE) over its decision to decrease the price of natural gas by three per cent applicable as of May 1, say E.ON Romania officials.

‘The companies of the E.ON Romania group are looking at the opportunity of taking legal action against ANRE. The purpose of such action would be the making and enforcement of decisions that would enable natural gas operators to secure technical safety and natural gas supply to consumers’ reads a company press release issued yesterday. E.ON representatives also say the company may cut the investment announced for this year in Romania.

The retail price of natural gas and electricity could be smaller after June 1, but ANRE has not the necessary data to justify such measure yet, said ANRE President Petru Lificiu, after the hearing by the Abuse, Corruption and Petitions Committee in the Chamber of Deputies, in connection with the justification for decreasing the natural gas price by only three per cent on May 1, according to Agerpres. Lificiu said ANRE is only allowed to influence the gas price by up to 30 per cent, the remaining 70 per cent being outside its scope of competence. Large natural gas companies like E.ON and GDF Suez discriminate against Romanian consumers and always seem to find ‘legal ways’ to ask for price markups, Lificiu added.

In other developments, PSD Deputy Ioan Stan stated during the hearing that ‘the wise guys’ and the Romgaz parasite companies had started ‘taking measures’ after ANRE’s inspection at the state-owned gas producer regarding a number of costs. ANRE has launched a substantive checkup on gas production, transmission, distribution and supply operators about the accuracy of the costs they report.

Related posts

DTZ Echinox: 1 million homes built in last 25 years

Nine O' Clock

Enel could give up selling Romanian subsidiaries

Nine O' Clock

ANRE: Gas price hike possible in spring of 2011

Test