20.6 C
Bucharest
September 24, 2020
Social

Romanian killed in Italy blast is from Bistrita-Nasaud

The Romanian woman killed in the Italian explosion is Ana Habic (40), from Bistrita Nasaud, the Commune of Nuseni, Agerpres informs. He was a nurse and had been working at a local elderly people’s home. She had been taking care of a 90-year-old Italian man for over a month. She was caught by the explosion wave just as she was trying to walk out to save herself.


Nuseni Mayor Ioan Muresan says her 22-year-old son had learnt that his mother was dead Tuesday night, but that the authorities had only received the formal notice Wednesday morning. ‘Her son has already left for Italy to bring his mother home, but we don’t know when he can repatriate the body and who will pay for repatriation,’ said Nuseni Deputy Mayor Liviu Rusan, Realitatea TV reports. For the time being, the family has not applied with the local authorities for financial assistance for bringing back the body. Ana Habic went to Italy looking for a better job four years ago. She was last in Romania last Christmas and she was planning to come back for good after saving some more money. She was divorced and had a son. The mother of the victim is also single. She takes care of two grand-children and a second daughter who is also divorced.

Related posts

Some 10,000 new moms choose annually to have stem cells harvested

Nine O' Clock

NEWS IN BRIEF

Test

Apuseni Mountains air crash case taken over by Military Prosecutor Office

Nine O' Clock

Leave a Comment