21.8 C
Bucharest
May 16, 2021
BUSINESS

Foreign placements of private pension funds reached 29% of the portfolio in June

Mandatory private pension funds in Romania hiked placements in other European Union (EU) states to 28.8 percent of the portfolio at the end of June, compared to 20 percent in December 2008, with the largest part of foreign investments in movable goods with low risk and fixed income, Mediafax informs. Thus, some 26.37 percent of the placements of Romanian mandatory private pension funds (Pillar II) were in corporate bonds of EU states, 0.28 percent of the money was invested in securities issued by EU states, 2.12 percent were EU municipal bonds and only 0.05 percent were shares in EU states.  Around 71.2 percent of the assets of mandatory private pension funds were placed inside the country at the end of the first semester and the rest of 28.8 percent were foreign investments,according to data of the market watchdog CSSPP. Regarding the structure of investments, most placements were in state securities, with a weight of 54.79 percent of the total, followed by corporate bonds with 26.62 percent.

Related posts

New changes within Tarom leadership, media reports

Nine O' Clock

China Guangdong Nuclear Power gets information concerning reactors 3, 4

Nine O' Clock

Independent patrimony experts support mining in Rosia Montana

Nine O' Clock