Three workers of the Bacau Chemical Works were sent to hospital on Thursday, following a labour accident. The three suffered several throat and lung burns, when a crack appeared in an ammonia pipe. The same morning, technical problems had been reported at the ammonia production unit. As the morning shift came to work, three employees crossed through the area affected by the gas emission and shortly after, they felt dizzy. Ambulances were called at the plant and the three were rushed to the Bacau hospital, where they are recovering now.