21.8 C
Bucharest
May 16, 2021
Social

OTV owner Diaconescu says probe meant to hamper presidential drive

Journalist Dan Diaconescu was summoned for hearings at the National Anti-corruption Directorate (DNA) yesterday morning. “What they want is to stop a new political party and to stop his being on his way to become this country’s president,” HotNews quoted Diaconescu as telling journalists. He said at stake is a case from 2005 wherein “I had already been exonerated of any guilt”. Diaconescu affirmed the case has resurfaced in order to obstruct his being on his way to becoming Romania’s president and that the dossier blackmail will be “eliminated” once he arrives at Cotroceni Palace. Before meeting with the prosecutors, Diaconescu said: “I don’t know what prosecutors summoned me for, I will give you information after I finish, whether handcuffed or not… Anything could happen! I hope you realize this is a fabricated dossier!”


Diaconescu specified the accusations brought against him for the past 15 years, and which were resolved by criminal proceedings not being opened against him, are now “buried” and he is “automatically held guilty”.


Mihai Ghezea, former director of “Atac la Persoana” publication, was also questioned at the DNA headquarters Thursday. On Wednesday, DNA prosecutors searched the OTV quarters on Preciziei Blvd, in connection with a case wherein TV producers Diaconescu and Parv are charged with blackmail. Also Wednesday, anti-corruption prosecutors questioned businessman Petru Paul Tardea, the man who denounced Diaconescu in 2005 over deeds similar to those for which criminal proceedings have been opened against the two TV producers in connections with a blackmail case involving Ion Mot, mayor of the Zarand commune.

Related posts

Romanian fashion designer Tina Olari joins Spanish campaign against domestic violence

Nine O' Clock

Jiu Valley miners protest in front of National Mineral Coal Company

Nine O' Clock

Boc justifies money allocated to churches

Nine O' Clock