Social

Three dead, three injured in blast at Cincu shooting range

Three troops died and three were injured on Tuesday morning following a blast within the Cincu military range in Brasov County. According to first data confirmed by the Ministry of Defence, the three injured were immediately sent to hospital and are currently stable. The head of Fagaras Emergency Unit, Stelian Rechi­tean yesterday told Agerpres that the three were to be sent to a Brasov hospital.


The blast occurred as part of a military target shooting drill, after one of the projectiles exploded, reads a ministry release quoted by the news agency. “The six corporals involved in the incident are members of the 26th Infantry Squad Neagoe Basarab,” explains the Ministry of Defence release. The three troops killed in the blast were later identified by the Defence Ministry as corporals Marin Costea, 37, Viorel-Cristinel Antonie, 27, and Constantin Buica, 25.


According to legal proceedings, the Military Prosecutor’s Office was notified and the Land Forces Chief of Staff will initiate an inquiry into the incident, to establish the exact causes.


This is the second incident occurring on Cincu firing range in less than a month, after a non commissioned officer from Turda tank division 814 lost his life in a drill with manoeuvre ammunition. According to a Ministry of Defence release, at the time, “towards the end of exercise, sergeant Gavril Nicorici, 26, was seriously injured while manipulating a manoeuvre shot. The man was sent to hospital but medical teams were incapable of saving his life.” Several other military drill incidents occurred over the past months. On June 10, ten troops suffered severe burn injuries after an oxide tank broke, during a drill in Mangalia.


On December 6 last year, six troops were injured in Sibiu following a gas pipe blast. A similar incident happened in 2009 in Bucha­rest when one army major died and several soldiers were injured after a military lab exploded.

Related posts

Ponta: Gendarmes were told to prepare for coup

Test

DIICOT: Investigation opens in non-observance of 112 emergency call procedures in case regarding Caracal murders

NINE O'CLOCK

Bogdan Aurescu on visit to Hungary

Test

Leave a Comment