Two adjacent trade enterprises located on the premises of the Obor commercial centre were robbed of about EUR 650,000 worth of jewellery by unidentified persons Thursday morning, Agerpres reports. According to Bucharest Police spokesman Christian Ciocan, the two jewellery stores had no anti-theft alarm devices. “Only one of the two stores had an encased safe. One safe contained 10 kilos of gold, the other, 14 kilos. The guards were not in the area at the time,” Ciocan explained. He also said that, two weeks ago, the two enterprises had been checked and told to have alarm devices installed. “They didn’t do so. Our view is that the law shall be amended, with steeper sanctions against those who fail having security devices,” Ciocan also said.