17.7 C
Bucharest
February 25, 2021
BUSINESS

Construction of tall buildings in Bucharest halted for five years

No tall buildings will be erected in Bucharest in the next five years, with real estate investments to focus primarily on infrastructure and residential projects, amid land prices remaining high, Mediafax reported Mihai Rohan, head of the Carpatcement Holding, a member of the German construction materials group HeidelbergCement, having told an economic forum,. He also said the demand for cement will be fuelled by infrastructure and home construction projects, and less by investments in commercial centres and office buildings. The Carpatcement Holding manager believes that, what Romania needs is political will and decision-making, along with funds, to be able to fulfil large scale projects, including motorway constructions. Asked to name who, in his view, has been the best transport minister so far, Rohan said he couldn’t come up with an answer given they all were in office for too short a time for their intentions, good as they might have been, to take shape. He again insisted that bitumen instead of cement should be used for road construction, like other European states do, given its being a less expensive yet more durable alternative.

Related posts

Electra and Hidroenergetica to be set up in March 2011

Test

Fenechiu: With 49 pc of shares, the state can prevent the scrapping of CFR Marfa

OTP Bank Romania continues to expand nationwide and inaugurates a new branch in Timisoara, under an innovative concept

NINE O'CLOCK