POLITICS

Social-Democrats won’t attend Cotroceni talks

Social-Democrat leader Victor Ponta said on Friday that his party will not attend consultations called by President Traian Basescu at Cotroceni Palace on Monday, since Basescu can no longer be considered president of Romania, but only of the Democrat Liberals. “If he wants to talk to us seriously, like he did a long time ago when he was still president of Romania, he can call us separately, we come prepared and we have many things to discuss. Unfortunately for some time now, Basescu has no longer been president of Romania, but only president of PDL and we don’t want to have any talks with the president of PDL,” Ponta said, quoted by Mediafax.


An official decision on whether to attend the consultations or not will however be made today by the party’s National Standing Bureau, PSD spokesperson Radu Moldovan said last week. Basescu called the fresh round of talks with parliamentary parties at 3 p.m. today, topics on the agenda including the country’s economic and social prospects for the next couple of years, accession to Schengen area and legislative priorities for the end of the year. Just like with previous consultations, Liberals said they would not attend, while ruling parties accepted the invitation.

Related posts

Udrea Commission prepares final draft reports

Test

Udrea: PMP will not negotiate anything for round 2

Nine O' Clock

Leave a Comment