A 41-year-old woman and her two-year-old child died from smoke poisoning yesterday morning in Targoviste. Doctors were unable to save them despite trying to resuscitate them for well over half an hour. According to Mihaela Savu, Dambovita Police Inspectorate’s spokesperson, the woman’s father was the one that found the two and called the ambulance. “The smoke was apparently caused by the wood-burning heating system. At this moment investigations seek to reveal whether the system was defective or it was improperly used,” the spokesperson added.