25.4 C
July 23, 2021

Five pupils injured in Ploiesti high-school explosion

The stove used for heating a classroom of the ‘Auto’ High-School of Ploiesti exploded yesterday morning, slightly injuring 5 of the 19 pupils present in the room. The victims were taken to the local Pediatric Hospital, where doctors found them in good condition, with only minor head injuries. “They were scared, but they were also injured. They had arm wounds and minor head concussions, but their lives were not threatened,” said Veronica Radu of the Ploiesti Ambulance.

A number of 19 pupils were in the classroom, waiting for the Religion class to begin. When a girl tried to light the fire in the gas stove with her lighter, the stove exploded. The spokeswoman of ISU Prahova, Raluca Vasiloaie told Antena 3 that the blast was caused by several pupils, who played with the gas valve, forcing the gas to accumulate inside the stove. “They did not actually play with fire. When she wanted to light the fire during the recess between the first and the second class, this unpleasant incident occurred. A teacher had inspected the classroom just minutes before the blast,” said Gheorghe Borovina, general school inspector with ISJ Prahova.

An investigation team was set up to look into the whole incident. Meanwhile, Distrigaz sent a field team to check the school for possible gas leaks.

Related posts

British and Commonwealth soldiers – commemorated on Sunday at Tancabesti Cemetery

Nine O' Clock

Eurobarometer: Romanians – pessimistic about national economy, optimistic about EU

Nine O' Clock

Gigi Becali, cleared of the charge of illegally confining the thieves that stole his car

Nine O' Clock