The 20th edition of the celebrated George Enescu International Festival and Contest will include several new sections this year, according to Artexim Agency director Mihai Constantinescu, one of the main organisers of the event. In an interview to ‘Jurnalul National,’ Constantinescu said this year’s edition of the festival, which will be held on September 1-25, will include a ‘Work Music’ series of concerts, a violoncello contest and a new series of 21st century music. He also said that the festival will extend to other locations across the country, so events will be held in Bucharest, Sibiu, Timisoara, Cluj, Iasi, Craiova, Targu-Mures and Arad. As for this year’s guests, they will include the Vienna Philharmonic, the Israel Philharmonic with Zubin Mehta, the Symphonic Orchestra of Santa Cecilia with Antonio Pappano, London Symphony Orchestra, the French National Orchestra and others, Constantinescu said. He also talked about the contest component of the event, saying that it has been drawing a higher number of participants in the latest editions. The festival has been internationally promoted, with video clips about it broadcast on CNN ever since last year until the end of February when the clips will be broadcast on Euronews, Eurosport, Mezzo, Constantinescu explained. On national level as well, the public radio has already begun promoting the event and the public television channel will follow suit. Private channels “Antena 3 and Realitatea TV will support us too, in order to make this event’s brand known throughout the country. Still, it depends on many things. Culture is still seen as a Cinderella. In my opinion it’s unacceptable that in every news bulletin, on all TV channels, there are at least five minutes of sports and no minute of culture news. We’ll try to change this,” Constantinescu added.