29.9 C
Bucharest
August 14, 2022
SPORTS

F1 ace Kubica ‘much better’ after rally crash in Italy

Robert Kubica’s Lotus-Renault team said Monday that the F1 star was “much better” after undergoing emergency surgery in an Italian hospital following his crash while competing in a motor rally, CNN reports.
The 26-year-old Pole spent the night in an induced coma after a seven-hour operation to repair multiple fractures to his right arm and hand.


Kubica required several transfusions during the procedure to stabilize his condition after losing a lot of blood following the high-speed accident.


But in a statement on the team’s official website, they said that Kubica had been briefly woken by doctors at the Santa Corona hospital in Pietra Ligure and was able to talk to his relatives. “He was also able to move his fingers, which is an encouraging sign for the rest of the recovery process,” it said. Dr. Mario Igor Rosello, the specialist who operated on Kubica, claimed the lack of swelling or infection on his right forearm was also a “good sign” but added it will be “several days before it is known if the operation is 100 per cent successful.” Kubica suffered multiple fractures to his right arm and leg after hitting a guard rail when he lost control of his Skoda Fabia during the Ronde de Andorra rally in Italy.

Related posts

Galatasaray 0 – Ajax 0 in inaugural friendly

Test

Chess: Gergely Szabo wins ‘Victor Ciocaltea Memorial’ international tournament

Nine O' Clock

Bucharest hosts European Kickboxing Championships for first time

Nine O' Clock