Panic struck the residents of an apartment building in the city of Timisoara, after a TV set short-circuit caused a blast followed by a blaze, according to Realitatea TV. According to early information, all the building residents have been evacuated, of whom five were taken to hospital for smoke intoxication. Among them, the apartment’s owner, a 67-year-old man. The people in front of the building at the time of the blast said they heard a powerful boom followed by a flame. “All the building residents have been evacuated and five persons were taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. The blaze was doused and we are in the process of establishing the cause of the fire,” said Sub-lieutenant Ovidiu Buzducea of the Timisoara Fire Fighters Detachment no 2.