1.2 C
Bucharest
January 18, 2022
BUSINESS

Romania paid USD 399 per 1,000 m3 of imported natural gas

According to the data that the Romanian Energy Regulatory Authority (ANRE) published, in January 2011 Romania imported natural gas at the price of USD 399 per 1,000 cubic meters, the highest price since March 2009, Mediafax informs. In 2010 the highest price paid for imported natural gas stood at USD 386 in December. Throughout Q1 of 2009 natural gas was imported at prices of USD 492-493 per 1,000 cubic meters. Likewise, in January 2011 imported natural gas represented 30.07 per cent of total consumption, the highest level since March 2008, back when that share stood at 31.23 per cent. Romania imports natural gas indirectly from the Russian Federation through WIEE Romania and Conef Gaz. OMV Petrom (SNP) and Romgaz Medias are the largest natural gas producers in Romania. Last year the two companies covered over 97 per cent of the market. Last year the natural gas produced in Romania covered 82.84 per cent of consumption, the remaining 17.16 per cent being covered by imports.

Related posts

Discounts even up to EUR 8,000 in automotive sector

Test

KPMG Enterprise European Family Business Barometer: Europe’s family businesses get ready to hand control to next generation

NINE O'CLOCK

Douglas doubles the number of Romanian brands included in the RO Brands category

NINE O'CLOCK