18 C
Bucharest
June 12, 2021
Social

CNAS placed under Parliamentary control

Senators adopted yesterday a proposal to modify Law 95/2006, a law which concerns health system reform. The modification places the National Health Insurance House (CNAS) under Parliamentary control. That control will cover the approval of its budget and statute but also the appointment of its administrative board.

The modification proposal came from MPs that belong to all Parliamentary groups and was adopted within the plenum with 61 votes in favour, 13 votes against and 32 abstentions.

According to the adopted initiative, CNAS will be an autonomous institution under Parliamentary control and will function on the basis of its own statute, a statute approved by its administrative board and by Parliament. Another modification adopted by Senators establishes that 80 per cent of the sums CNAS collects will be earmarked for its County branches, the remaining 20 per cent set to be included in a redistribution fund. The legislative proposal will next be debated within the Lower Chamber which will cast the decisive vote.

Related posts

Cantacuzino Institute transferred to MoD, urgency of decision stems from “hybrid warfare threats”

Nine O' Clock

NEWS IN BRIEF

Test

Deta Scandal: Ten police under dereliction of duty investigation

Nine O' Clock