WORLD

Scotland Yard boosts probe team

The police team investigating phone hacking has been boosted from 45 to 60 officers, Scotland Yard has said. According to the BBC, metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers said the move came after a “significant increase in the workload” over the past fortnight. Meanwhile, the investigation into alleged misconduct by newspapers may be spreading beyond News International.  Police have asked for files of an earlier inquiry into the use of private investigators, the BBC has learned. They contain 4,000 requests from 300 journalists and 31 publications for confidential information from a private investigator, which in many cases had been obtained illegally. The investigation found the Daily Mail had made the most requests, followed by the Sunday People and the Daily Mirror.

Related posts

Romanian authorities, politicians deplore the bloody incidents in Ankara and Berlin, send condolences to the victims’ families

Nine O' Clock

Swedish journalists found guilty in Ethiopia

Nine O' Clock

Floods paralyse Philippine capital Manila

Nine O' Clock

Leave a Comment