6.9 C
March 29, 2023

Report: Private pension funds post 2 pc growth in January

The contributions to private pension funds stood at RON 176.94 (EUR 40.74 M) in January this year, up by 2 per cent compared to the previous month and by 32 per cent compared to the same month last year, a report authored by the Private Pension System Supervisory Commission (CSSPP) shows, wall-street.ro informs. Overall contributions in the past 12 months totaled RON 2,153.11 M, the monthly average standing at RON 179.43 M. The value of net assets stood at RON 6,719.06 M (EUR 1,546.99 M at the exchange rate that BNR posted on January 31), up by 4.72 per cent compared to December 2011 and by 49.25 per cent compared to January 2011 (46.21 per cent in EUR-denominated value). In January 2012, 5,544,440 persons were contributing to the private pension system, up by 0.51 per cent compared to December 2011 and by 6.39 per cent compared to January 2011. In what concerns the age distribution, 57.27 per cent of contributors were younger than 35 years of age, while 42.73 per cent were older than 35 years of age. 51.74 per cent of them were men, while 48.26 per cent were women. In January 2012, approximately 89.65 per cent of private pension fund assets were invested in the country, while the remaining 10.35 per cent were invested abroad. 10.32 per cent were invested in the EU, while 0.03 per cent was invested in third countries.

Related posts

Romgaz, part of secretive natural gas group within UN European unit

Nine O' Clock

Romania-Belgium trade volume up 13 pc to EUR 2 bn in 2013

Nine O' Clock

Romanian super-cars take the West by storm

Nine O' Clock