Romania ceased sending to the European Commission refund demands for four operational programmes, starting July 1, until a moment that will be decided subsequently; during this interval, the Commission will analyse if Romanian authorities observed the conditions assumed at the end of last year, Mediafax reports. The four operational programmes hit by this stoppage are related to the regional, environment, transport and competitiveness sectors, the minister for European Affairs, Leonard Orban announced. To this respect, EC officials will initiate, during July 5-17, auditing missions for the four programmes, and Minister Orban insisted on saying that the stoppage of refund demands implies neither the suspension, nor the interruption of payments, because the interval when Romania may not submit such requests to Brussels will be “relatively short.” He also explained that he cannot estimate, now, how long it will take to evaluate the observance of conditions for the four programmes and to make a decision.Speaking about the Operational Programme Development of Human Resources (POSDRU), the minister said that a first report of the EC was drafted, which identifies problems in the system, and irregularities in the problems under verification, so a “conciliation procedure” will be initiated in the next two months, so a decision is made in September about suspending the programme or not. This programme, too, is among those for which Romania may no longer send refund demands.PNL MEP Ramona Manescu considers that the disastrous Boc – Udrea – Ungureanu government is to blame for the blockage of European funds in Romania, reads a press release, quoted by Antena3.ro. The PNL MEP said that Romania reached this situation because the former government awarded contracts on political criteria. “At present, the USL government and Brussels authorities are seeking solutions in view of diminishing the disastrous effects of the ignorance and incompetence of the former PDL ministers,” Manescu added.