22 C
Bucharest
June 28, 2022
Social

Public funding for private hospitals to be cut

Health Minister Eugen Nicolaescu said on Saturday that the ‘irrational, illogical and unprincipled’ hospital decentralisation led to a situation where few benefited from investment, almost all the rest of the country being in a ‘lamentable’ situation.

Health Minister Eugen Nicolaescu made several statements in a press conference in Targu Mures on Saturday, on the situation of hospitals in the country. He said that, through the framework-agreement to enter into force on March 1, the CNAS financing of private hospitals would stop, which would leave public hospitals a budget higher by approximately 10 per cent. He noted that, who wants to develop a private business, ‘does not count on public money to do that’ and private hospital managers should consider they own capabilities when they start an investment rather than ‘what they can steal from the state or tray to obtain by influence peddling’. The minister also said the ‘irrational, illogical and unprincipled’ hospital decentralisation had directed most of the investment to very few places, leaving the rest of the country in a ‘lamentable’ situation. ‘I think emergency medicine that, in hospitals, operates through the emergency reception units, should belong to the Ministry of Health, because emergency care is the state, the Government’s constitutional responsibility. The fact that county emergency hospitals are now reporting to county councils or, even more seriously, to the city councils, seems to me like an immensely stupid things done by some of my predecessors. I have asked Raed Arafat to do together an assessment, reconsider principles, then talk about it and see what decisions can be made, whether we bring back county emergency hospitals to the Ministry of Health where they belong, together with the regional ones, MURD and the ambulance, so that we have an integrated emergency system that works smoothly and not fragmentally or function of local interests. So we need to talk about this’, he said. The health official said there were counties where county emergency hospitals had been ‘treated very nicely’, where county councils had invested, but there were also ‘some that are in a lamentable situation’. The Health Minister also spoke about the Targu Mures Clinical Emergency Hospital, saying it could be the first regional emergency hospital in the country that met international conditions and that, in four or five regional national centres, he wanted to set up facilities treating burned patients. Health State Secretary Raed Arafat also made some statements on Friday, after he had participated at the work report meeting of the ‘Horea’ Emergency Inspectorate in Mures County, noting that among the ministry’s priorities for this year there were equipment programmes for the emergency  part of medical care as well as programmes for trauma, intensive care and brain vascular accidents. Some RON 200-220 M has been allocated for those programmes, Arafat added. He further said the aircraft purchased by the Foundation for SMURD through the programme of directing 2 per cent of the annual income tax of the population would start flying in one and a half months. Arafat said the ‘opposition’ of some hospital representatives to the new patient visiting time-table does not come from the fact that the visiting hours had been extended, but from the fact that some charges would disappear.

Related posts

Basescu vs. Patriciu lawsuit- postponed for June 16

Test

Green light for “rationally regulated” hunting in Danube Delta

Nine O' Clock

Medics from hospitals must work eight hours, like the European doctors

Test