6.5 C
Bucharest
February 27, 2021
BUSINESS

Romania is not in the situation of exporting natural gas, minister Sova says

The official gives optimist prospects: ‘We might have 142 km of motorway this year.’

The national gas reserves might deplete in the next 15 years, so Romania is not in the situation of exporting natural gas, as rumoured, the delegate minister of Infrastructure, Dan Sova said . “Currently, Romania’s certified gas reserves amount to 98 billion cubic meters and it is estimated that national reserves will deplete in 10-15 years,” Sova said. The minister added that the gas output has diminished since 2008 so, if 15 billion cubic meters were used five years ago, today we use 13 billion cubic meters.

“Out of this quantity of 13 billion, the country’s needs, 10 billion are produced at home and 3 billion are imported, so we are in no position to export,” Sova explained.The minister also mentioned the situation of motorways. He believes that Romania might have this year 142 km of new motorway. According to the official, USL currently has 30 pc of the European funds allotted to motorways.

The minister also referred to the existence of presumptive frauds of EUR 700 M. “It is useless for us to do our duty, in May-December, for instance, we spent 82 pc of European funds, and in the first three months of this year we spent 35 pc of the funds,” Sova said.Regarding the completion of the Siret-Baragan Canal, Dan Sova mentioned that it will cost EUR 2,6 bln and consists in the construction of two segments, of almost 200 km both. The construction is important, because it would bring major benefits to Romania, Sova added. “The surplus of agricultural output would reach EUR 120 M a year, so the investment would be recovered at an accelerated rate and would eliminate the imports of cereals,” he added. The construction of the Siret-Baragan Canal started in 1986, and since 1991 the allocations of funds are scarce, the minister explained, saying that he sees a solution in the public-private partnership.Nadlac-Sibiu motorway segment, ready until spring 2015The Nadlac-Sibiu and Pitesti-Constanta motorway segments will be ready in the next two years, Dan Sova stated. “Additionally, the Pitesti-Constanta segment will be completed in 2014-2015,” the delegate minister assured. According to minister Sova, there are five motorway segments at auction, 11 under execution and nothing was done on the Pitesti-Sibiu segment.

Related posts

PC sales volume up 5.2 pc last year

Test

Telekom Romania – valuable contributor for a sustainable development of Romania

Nine O' Clock

Dacia plant produces 200,000th Duster

Nine O' Clock