Ford doubles EcoBoost engine production capacity in Germany

The announcement made by Ford of Europe on Thursday that it will double the production capacity of its motor engine plant based in Cologne, Germany has not impact on Ford engine plant based in Craiova (southern Romania), Ford Romania said in a press release, Agerpres reports. ‘By increasing the production volumes of the 1.0 l EcoBoost engine at the Cologne factory, the German-based plant aligns to the Craiova engine factory, where Ford already works in two shifts since the beginning of this year. Today’s announcement reconfirms the strong European demand that we have for the 1.0 l EcoBoost engine – named the International Engine of the Year for the second consecutive year – and which equips many of the best-selling Ford models, including the Fiesta and Focus made in Germany’, the release explains.
Ford keeps on making more than 1,000 engines a day in Craiova, Ford of Romania says. Roughly 70 percent of them are represented by the 1.5 l EcoBoost engine, the manufacture of which began in this April and the remainder 30 percent are 1.0 l EcoBoost direct injection turbo engines. Craiova-based Ford engine plant currently employs some 1,000 staff, who works in two shifts.

Related posts

Ţiriac Imobiliare has appointed Cushman & Wakefield Echinox as Property Manager for the management of Ţiriac Tower office building in Bucharest


Partner Cristina Daianu appointed Head of VentureTech practice in Dentons Romania


Alitalia Okays Etihad Airways bid

Nine O' Clock
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :