7.9 C
Bucharest
May 9, 2021
BUSINESS

BNR: Only 20 pc of all loans are for purchasing homes


Of the total number of bank loans, only 20% are aimed at purchasing homes, while the remaining 80% of loans are used for purchasing consumer goods, Adrian Vasilescu, councillor to the BNR Governor stated Tuesday for Realitatea TV. “Of the seven million persons who have taken out loans in Romania, only 250,000 of them used the money to purchase or build a home. This is a bad sign that reflects how low the population’s purchasing or loan power is. Only 20% of the total number of loans from banks were aimed at purchasing homes, while the remaining 80% was used for the purchase of consumer goods,” Vasilescu said.
He emphasized that banks have complete confidence in the Romanian state.
“Banks have complete confidence in the Romania state. Where those so-called ‘abusive clauses’ are concerned, the topic on everyone’s mind at the moment, at the National Bank we call them contested, not abusive clauses,” Vasilescu added.
The councillor to the governor of BNR also pointed out that “the National Bank does not foresee a rapid movement toward giving out loans to the population”.
“We do not expect a rapid movement toward giving out loans to the population. It is normal to give out loans to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) because the money can still go to the people, albeit through a detour,” Vasilescu emphasized.

Related posts

EU sees excessive imbalances in Spain, Slovenia

Nine O' Clock

AHK Romania – 15 Years of Successful Romanian-German Economic Relationships

Nine O' Clock

Transelectrica changes its CEO

Nine O' Clock