22.1 C
September 24, 2021

Chief of Romanian Gendarmerie called for hearings in Apuseni case

Sources with the investigation say that Adrian Iovan was found in the co-pilot’s seat, right after the tragedy.

The chief of the Romanian Gendarmerie, Mircea Olaru went yesterday at the prosecutor’s office of the Supreme Court, where he was summoned by the Section of military prosecutors in the case of the air crash that occurred on January 20 in the Apuseni Mountains, judiciary sources announced, quoted by Mediafax. So far, over 50 people, including employees of the Ministry of Interior (MAI) and Ministry of National Defence (MApN), as well as air traffic controllers were questioned in the case. The hearings took place simultaneously in Bucharest and in the counties of Alba, Cluj, Mures and Bihor, the High Court of Cassation and Justice (ICCJ) informed.

Meanwhile, the probe of the Apuseni plane accident that killed two people, including pilot Adrian Iovan, brought to light a number of surprising details. According to information obtained by authorities, before the crash landing the plane was being piloted not by Adrian Iovan, but by co-pilot Razvan Petrescu. According to judiciary sources quoted by realitatea.net, the co-pilot told prosecutors that, after the crash, he and the other passengers tried to move Adrian Iovan on the left seat, previously occupied by Petrescu. Prosecutors will find out whether the tragedy was the result of human error, and then Razvan Petrescu will answer in court for the crash. Pilot Adrian Iovan and student Aurelia Ion lost their lives in the plane accident that occurred on January 20 in the Apuseni Mountains, at an altitude of more than 1,400 metres, at the border between the counties of Cluj and Alba. The other occupants of the plane were injured – co-pilot Razvan Petrescu and doctors Radu Zamfir from the Fundeni Hospital, Valentin Calu from the Elias Hospital, Catalin Pivniceru from the “Sfanta Maria” Hospital and Sorin Ianceu Beius Municipal Hospital, Bihor County. The medical team was flying from Bucharest to Oradea, where it was due to remove the liver of a donor aged over 60 who had suffered a stroke. The wreck of the airplane and the victims were found by three locals, after searches that lasted approximately 5 hours by teams of firefighters, mountain gendarmes, mountain rescuers, employees of the Apuseni Mountains National Park and locals.

Related posts

Former Agigea Mayor sentenced to 9 years in jail for corruption

Nine O' Clock

Senate passes amendments to Criminal Code after a tense sitting, final vote in the House on Wednesday

Nine O' Clock

Constitutional Court president intervenes in Ponta-Basescu dispute

Nine O' Clock