18.1 C
Bucharest
October 5, 2022
WORLD

Confusion clouds search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Last communication revealed.

More than four days since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared over Southeast Asia, Malaysian officials not only don’t know what happened to the plane, they don’t seem sure where to look, CNN reports.
On Wednesday, officials announced they had once again expanded the search area. It now covers 27,000 square miles, more than double the size of the area being searched just a day before.
The last communication received from a Malaysia Airlines plane suggests everything was normal on board minutes before it went missing over the South China Sea, Malaysian authorities say, quoted by the BBC.
Flight MH370 replied “All right, roger that” to a radio message from Malaysian air control, authorities said.
Malaysia’s air force chief has denied reports the plane was tracked to the Malacca Strait in the west.
The China-bound plane went missing on Saturday with 239 people on board. It vanished about an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, as it flew over the South China Sea, south of Vietnam’s Ca Mau peninsula. No distress signal or message was sent.
Malaysian authorities revealed the plane’s last communication at a news conference held in Beijing for relatives of the 154 Chinese who are among the missing passengers.
As the plane reached the boundary between Malaysian and Vietnamese airspace, the Malaysian air control announced it was handing over to Ho Chi Minh City Control. Minutes later, all contact with Flight MH370 was lost.
China’s foreign ministry said there was “too much confusion” regarding the information released about the plane’s flight path.
“It is very hard for us to decide whether a given piece of information is accurate,” spokesman Qin Gang told reporters in Beijing.
Earlier on Wednesday, Malaysia’s air force chief Rodzali Daud denied remarks attributed to him in local media that flight was tracked by military radar to the Malacca Strait, far west of its planned route.
Gen Rodzali Daud said he “did not make any such statements”, but the air force had “not ruled out the possibility of an air turn-back”.

Related posts

‘Time’ names Zuckerberg Person of the Year

Test

France local elections: Socialists lose heavily

Nine O' Clock

Syria conflict: Heavy fighting stepped up in Aleppo

Nine O' Clock