7.3 C
February 3, 2023

Transgaz proposes no gas imports in November

Transgaz, the operator of the natural gas grid, estimates that in November internal production can cover the country’s entire consumption of natural gas, however the Regulatory Authority for Energy (ANRE) has approved a 2 per cent share for imports, according to an ANRE document.
Thus, the Transgaz estimates based on data transmitted by market operators show that 11.4 million MWh of natural gas will be consumed at national level in November 2014.
Transgaz estimates that this consumption can be covered by internal production and has proposed all imports to be stopped. ANRE however has approved a share of 2 per cent for imports, with internally-produced gas set to cover the remaining 98 per cent of overall consumption (household and industrial consumption).
Of the total consumption of 11.4 million MWh, the consumption of large industrial consumers will represent the biggest share (5.8 million MWh), while household consumers will consume 4.3 million MWh, the remaining difference representing the technological consumption of plants and electricity producers that do not use imported natural gas.
According to the regulations currently in force, all industrial consumers have to have a basket of internally-produced and imported natural gas, approved by the ANRE. Excepted from this rule are thermal power plants that offer heat for household consumers, as well as the Brazi power plant owned by Petrom and the Iernut power plant owned by Romgaz, the last two power plants using their own natural gas for the production of electricity and thermal energy.
In the first six months of this year natural gas imports represented 9 per cent of the country’s total consumption, significantly lower compared to previous years when imports of Russian natural gas represented 20-25 per cent. This came about as a result of a drop in natural gas consumption, given the high temperatures registered last winter, the shutdown of large consumers, but also because industrial consumers have implemented energy efficiency measures.

Related posts

PwC Global CEO Survey: Record level of optimism, 76% of CEOs predict global economy recovery in 2021


Nestlé and Alliance for YOUth are to create 300,000 new opportunities to support young people by 2025


10% of the natural gas consumption needed in Romania: large-scale inauguration event, signed by Golin and MullenLowe, for a project with a national importance