POLITICS

Cazanciuc announces initiation of procedure for new DIICOT head appointment

Justice Minister Robert Cazanciuc on Thursday announced that in a few days he will initiate the procedure for receiving appointment proposals of a new head of the Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism (DIICOT).

When asked what the procedure will consist of and whether there will be a CV contest, the Minister pointed out: “You shall see at the moment of its initiation. (…) What is important in this procedure is that we observe the law in force and the exigencies of the European partners. Namely a transparent process after which we should have at the top of the DIICOT a prosecutor with the necessary experience, so we should all have the guarantee that the selection was done according to merits and not other criteria.”

Robert Cazanciuc pointed out that he currently has no nomination.

On December 16, 2014, the Justice Minister said that his option for the head of DIICOT would be a prosecutor working with this institution.

“Last week I had talks with the colleagues of the DIICOT on the topic of the future DIICOT head, I shall also have discussions with them this week. After we conclude these meetings, I shall establish, together with the DIICOT, a procedure to be followed. My option is a DIICOT prosecutor,’ Cazanciuc said at the Palace of Parliament.

The office of DIICOT prosecutor-in-chief has become vacant after the resignation of Alina Bica, who is being investigated under arrest by the National Anti-corruption Directorate (DNA).

 

Related posts

Nitu on Revolution files: There’s no special approach other than that stipulated by law

Nine O' Clock

MEP Monica Macovei: “Future is full of unpunished criminality in Romania”

Antimissile shield will ‘protect Europe from Russian blackmail’

Nine O' Clock

Leave a Comment