Businessman Dorin Cocos made his decision. He will tell it all. The businessman presently under preventive arrest at the police station makes disclosures that shatter the political stage. Cocos denounces his ex-wife Elena Udrea, as well as the Co-President of PNL, former General Secretary of PDL, Vasile Blaga. Cocos says he donated money for PDL led by Emil Boc, for Traian Basescu’s presidential campaigns, and explains the mechanisms of this dubious financing.
“I want to mention that I personally supported the electoral campaign of 2009, in order to gain the support of the Government so that the contract would be applied (Microsoft, editor’s note). In order to do so, I was supported by Vasile Blaga and Elena Udrea. In a discussion with Vasile Blaga, I was announced that I must provide payment for the products in the list mentioned above (articles for the electoral campaign, editor’s note) and they mentioned that the sum would reach approximately EUR 3 million”, Dorin Cocos says in his denunciation.
“Of the money sent to my account by Dinu Pescariu, I purchased as a physical person, in partnership with my ex-wife Elena Udrea, half of Hotel Grivita. Even today, each of us owns a quarter of the property. I must mention that Elena Udrea knew my actions destined to contribute to the application of the Microsoft licencing contract and she knew about the money and, just as I mentioned, she provided me her support in the Government. Vasile Blaga also knew about all of these and he also supported the application of the contract”.
Cocos’ denunciation at DNA, after four months of silence following his arrest, is truly explosive. He explains in detail how much money he has paid for Traian Basescu’s campaign in 2009, but also the roles played by Vasile Blaga, Elena Udrea and Dinu Pescariu. According to Dorin Cocos’ disclosures, indeed Dinu Pescariu’s money from the Microsoft bribe was blocked in Switzerland.
“I personally told Dinu Pescariu and Claudiu Florica that, out of the sums I will earn, I wish to finance the PDL campaign of 2009 for the presidential elections. In order to do so, at the end of 2009, I demanded Dinu Pescariu to make the following payments:
– An upfront payment of EUR 500,000 to a Chinese company named Shanzen for the following products: 300,000 coats, 1,000,000 pens, 300,000 caps, 300,000 shawls and 1,000,000 fire lighters.
– The sum of EUR 300,000 to another branch, in Austria, to pay for other electoral campaign products.
– At the end of 2009 – the beginning of 2010, Dinu Pescariu brought me the sum of EUR 1,700,000 cash, in several tranches. Out of this money, I gave Mr. Gabriel Sandu, as a loan, the sum of EUR 500,000 because he told me he needed it urgently to make payments for his presidential electoral campaign.
– I submitted EUR 600,000 in tranches at the PDL headquarters in Modrogran, more precisely to Mr. Ivascu, at the demand of Mr. Vasile Blaga. I would like to mention that, at that time, Mr. Vasile Blaga was the General Secretary of the party and Head of the electoral campaign. I paid the money without receiving a receipt in return. As far as I know, out of these EUR 600.000, approximately 400,000 – 450,000 were paid to the Romanian branch of the Shanzen company. I know this fact because I personally saw the invoice issued by the company Shanzen to PDL.
– I gave EUR 50,000 to Alin Albu, the PDL treasurer, for the purchase of buckets. Once again, I was given no receipt.
– I gave EUR 30,000 to Mr. Radian Tufa, General Secretary in the Ministry of Transportation, to transport the containers of electoral products in the country and deposit costs,
– I used 300,000 for personal expenses.
– I paid EUR 200,000 to the Romanian branch of Shanzen”, Dorin Cocos declares in his denunciation filed at the DNA.
Cocos’ denunciation also explains the mechanisms of bribe in the Microsoft file:
“During 2008 – 2009, I received from Dinu Pescariu the sum of EUR 700,000 in my account at the Transylvania Bank, a sum that may also be found in the wealth declarations of my former wife Elena Udrea
I have received, also from Dinu Pescariu, the sum of EUR 200,000 in an account in Dubai, owned by a friend named Dumitrache Doina, who had opened a restaurant based on Romanian cuisine.
I have also received from Dinu Pescariu, in cash, the sum of approximately EUR 100,000, withdrawn from two cards owned by Dinu Pescariu, in several tranches.
I mention that I personally supported the electoral campaign in 2009 in order to be provided support by the Government for the application of this contract. Vasile Blaga had supported me in this matter.
In a conversation with Vasile Blaga, I was announced that I must pay for the products on the above mentioned list, and it was also explained that the sum reaches an approximate total of EUR 3,000,000. Due to the fact that Dinu Pescariu’s accounts were blocked in Switzerland, the sum I received as my own benefit was approximately EUR 1,800,000, that is EUR 700,000 in the account, EUR 200,000 in Dubai, EUR 100,000 withdrawals from credit cards and EUR 800,000 in cash. Out of this sum, I loaned EUR 500,000 to Gabriel Sandu.
Of the money Dinu Pescariu sent to my account, I purchased, as a physical person, in partnership with my ex-wife Elena Udrea, half of Hotel Grivita. Even today, each of us owns a quarter of the property.
I mention that Udrea Elena Gabriela was aware of the actions I took for the application of the Microsoft licencing contract and for the money I received and, as I pointed out, she granted me her support in the Government. Vasile Blaga was also aware of these things and he also supported the application of the contract”, Dorin Cocos concludes.