4.3 C
April 11, 2021

Ireland’s Ambassador rushed to Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest with head injury

Irish Ambassador Gerard Corr was rushed on Monday to Floreasca Emergency Hospital with head injury after he fell down and hit his head nearby a restaurant in Bucharest District 1, sources within the hospital declared for Mediafax.

Ambassador Gerard Corr was carried with an ambulance to the Floreasca Emergency Hospital in Bucharest, after having fallen down and hit his head, shortly after exiting the restaurant located on Buzesti Street.

According to witnesses, the Ambassador was accompanied by two other men, and suddenly reported being sick, at about 30 metres from the restaurant. The two other men accompanying him held him, to prevent him from falling and asked him whether he was feeling good. Shortly, the Ambassador claimed he was fine. Nonetheless, a few moments later, the Ambassador fell down and hit his head against the asphalt, while walking on the path for cyclists, on the street. The witnesses declared that an ambulance was passing by at that very moment, but it was carrying a patient suspected of a heart attack. The medical team ordered another car, and a doctor, to go to the scene, and they arrived in no more than a few minutes.

A minute before the arrival of the Bucharest Ilfov Ambulance Service team, the patient was visited by a first-aid team from Emergency Mobile Resuscitation and Extrication Service (SMURD). The ambulance team offered the Ambassador an initial treatment and then carried him to the hospital. The Floreasca Hospital doctors established that Gerard Corr has suffered severe head injury and the Ambassador immediately underwent medical exams, the quoted sources added.




Related posts

AJC delegation receives assurances in Bucharest that Romania will continue to show openness towards the Jewish communities

Nine O' Clock

Kenyan Duncan Cheruiyot wins Bucharest Marathon; Ana Rodean, third in women’s race

Nine O' Clock

DSU’s Arafat: Defective communication during pandemic put medical workers under maximum pressure