The latest Ursus Breweries Sustainable Development Report, the first one in Romania validated according to international standards Global Reporting Initiative – GRI G4, was launched on 31 March at Cluj Cultural Brewery . The Report presents the progress and contribution of the company to development of the society, with focus on the communities where Ursus Breweries operates: Cluj, Timisoara, Brasov, Buzau and Bucharest – the headquarters of the company. Also, the rRport presents the outcomes and performance of the company during 2013-2014:
• 28 000 jobs created directly and indirectly in the Romanian economy
• 70% of the barley used by Ursus Breweries is purchased on the local market
• 90.7% is the waste recycling rate
• 2 100 hours of training have been offered to Ursus Breweries employees
• 47.01% of the company management positions are occupied by women
• 8.26% of the total direct energy used by Ursus Breweries is renewable
“The elaboration of this report is in line with our continuous efforts to participate in the sustainable development of the communities we are part of. Sustainable practice enjoys particular attention in our company, in the economic, social and environmental sectors,” says Robert Uzuna, Corporate Affairs Director, Ursus Breweries.