4.6 C
Bucharest
December 7, 2021
POLITICS

Mircea Geoana challenges before ECHR decision that made Basescu president in 2009

Mircea Geoana wants to challenge at ECHR the decision of the Romanian Constitutional Court (CCR) through which Traian Basescu became the President of Romania in 2009. Geoana said on TV that the presidential election in which he was defeated on the ‘Mihaela, my love’ night had been defrauded and claims to have evidence to support his allegation.
‘Why, in 2009, the Constitutional Court refused to hear the contestations I submitted by the truck? There were inverted reports. For example: Geoana, 700 votes, somewhere in Tandarei, Basescu, 300. The report said the opposite; Basescu, 700, Geoana, 300. With a key that secretly closes somewhere in Bucharest. But I can’t do this on my own, as I appear to be looking for a knot in a bulrush, that I am upset with the borough, with life, that I could not come to terms with my defeat. My former PSD colleagues should have been more determined when they contested the result. They preferred to play a political game at that time. I have prepared a new claim for ECHR regarding the manner in which the Court in Bucharest adjudicated my contestation. I need alkies, but not for me’, Mircea Geoana said on Antena3 TV.
In 2009, Traian Basescu won the presidential election with 50.3% of the vote. Mircea Geoana lost with 49.66%.
Traian Basescu was validated by the Constitutional Court, on 16 December 2009, as the President of the country for a second term.

Related posts

Elena Udrea: “There is a chance that Traian Basescu runs for the Mayoralty of Bucharest. He could win”

Nine O' Clock

Justice Minister Toader on Tariceanu’s attack against DNA: It’s about the freedom of speech

Nine O' Clock

Hundreds rally in Bucharest and 70 cities against coronavirus restrictions. Fines worth of 400.000 lei, 188 heard as 12 gendarmes injured in the violence erupted in Capital. Prefect: We will not give up restrictions;

NINE O'CLOCK