Former President Traian Basescu presents on Facebook the inventory of the “street” proposition and appeals to the president and to the political class to act as soon as possible. “It is time for decisions and not for uselessly prolonged discussions!”, says the former Head of the State. I
“It is time for decisions, not for uselessly prolonged discussions!
A few priorities must be established right ahead and the Street is right about them. I wished to accomplish them all, but it could not be done. Now, nonetheless, I saw them in the street, written down.
1 Appointing a credible Prime Minister (he is already established, Dacian Ciolos) – responsibility goes to Romania’s President.
2. Electoral law stipulating 100 Senators and 200 Deputies – responsibility goes to PNL, PSD leaders and the Parliament.
3. Local elections law should stipulate the election of Mayors in two rounds – responsibility goes to PNL, PSD leaders and the Parliament.
4. Depoliticization of central and territorial agencies by appointing their managers on criteria based on competence – responsibility goes to PSD, PNL leaders and the Government.
5. The replacement of the People’s Advocate – responsibility goes to PSD leaders and the Parliament.
6. The replacement of the President of CNA and increasing the efficiency of the institution – responsibility goes to PSD leaders and the Parliament.
7. Adopting the new Health Law, presently in the Parliament – responsibility goes to PSD, PNL leaders and the Parliament
8. The start of the Curricular Reform in Education – responsibility goes to the Ministry of Education.
Act as soon as possible, as otherwise, the souls of people murdered in Club Colectiv, of people who keep dying in hospitals, of survivors and of millions of angry persons will shut you off any possibility of action and you risk throwing the country into anarchy.
Romanians are extremely emotional, and if the EU help mechanism for disaster was started with a delay of six days, as certain journalists pointed out, nobody will forgive you for not knowing that this procedure existed.
Place, replace your heart with a stone and act. Do not push the country, due to indecision, into a crisis that could be hard to control because of actions that might be well intended, but are not adapted to the reality of the moment.
And if your time allows it, Mr. President of Romania, look a little bit outside the borders. This is no time for image games, it is the time of decisions.
Mr. President of Romania, please act fast!
PS: Please, believe me, I have no personal issue with the President, but I care enormously for my country and this nation.