23.5 C
June 17, 2021

Baneasa Shopping City: Over 70 million visits in eight years

Baneasa Shopping City registered over 70 million visits in the eight years since its inauguration, an inauguration it celebrates this April.

Baneasa Shopping City currently registers around 1,000,000 visitors per month and an annual average of 12,000,000 visits. Romanian visitors or foreign tourists come to Baneasa Shopping City in order to experience the new trends in fashion, technology and entertainment.

Baneasa Shopping City’s management sought, ever since the inauguration in 2008, to transform shopping into a unique experience, putting at the clients’ disposal the biggest number of stores (unique brands on the Romanian market) and entertainment areas. Baneasa Shopping City is a mix between retail and entertainment, offering visitors the chance to go shopping in their favourite stores, to watch films, to meet stars, to enjoy cultural events or many other novel family moments.

The mall has 42,000 square metres of retail space, a Grand Cinema Digiplex film theatre that features the revolutionary Dolby Atmos technology inaugurated in 2011, a Grand Combo entertainment area inaugurated in 2013, an area for games, a quarterly fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazine (‘Styler’) and has developed one of the most efficient intelligent building management systems (the efficient management of resources of all kinds).

In 2016, Baneasa Shopping City’s mix of brands consists of 202 stores, most of the overall leasable surface area – around 58 percent – being occupied by fashion retailers (clothing and footwear). The remainder, 42 percent, is almost equally shared by the other retail categories: food, cosmetics, services, jewellery and electronics.

“For the past 8 years, Baneasa Shopping City has been one of the most important commercial centres on the local market, being located in one of the capital’s most developed areas. This is also reflected in the growth, over the years, in the ratio between revenues and the number of visits, and hence a hike in the value of the average receipt. We are pioneers in offering unique shopping experiences, from attracting famous international brands to hosting events with personalities of the day. Likewise, we take pride in the launch of the CITYiLOVE app, so necessary in the digital age, with which we want to make shopping an experience with full benefits. We are confident in the future and our team is working hard to implement new innovative projects for our clients,” Baneasa Developments CEO Arthur Popa stated.

Baneasa Shopping City was inaugurated in 2008, following an investment of EUR 150 M.

Related posts

Romania is 63rd among most attractive countries for top professionals

Nine O' Clock

Scania Romania launches ‘Young European Truck Driver’ contest

Tremend developed TORP, the digital onboarding platform which supports companies to enroll new customers through remote online interaction