17.1 C
Bucharest
April 12, 2021
ARTS & LEISURE CONCERTS

Over 7,000 signatures for Ovidiu Anton, Romania’s participation in Eurovision 2016

Over 7,000 people in Romania and abroad have signed the petition launched by ProTV to back Ovidiu Anton in his course to Eurovision, informs a release from the private TV station sent on Thursday.

“I thank everyone for their support. The mobilization of people everywhere is amazing and I am deeply grateful to them! United we are strong!,” said Ovidiu Anton, the winner of Eurovision 2016 National Selection, quoted in the release.

An online petition has been launched to support Ovidiu Anton’s participation in the Eurovision contest this year, announced Aleksandras Cesnavicius (CEO Pro TV) on Wednesday.

In the context of the recent events related to the exclusion of Romania from Eurovision 2016, Pro TV and Ovidiu Anton decided to send an open letter to European Broadcasting Union (EBU), inviting the representatives of this Media association to review their decision and jointly look for solutions in order to admit Ovidiu Anton’s participation in the contest which is going to take place in Stockholm, and to give to Pro TV the possibility to broadcast the competition of the European song, stated Aleksandras Casnavicius. On his turn, Ovidiu Anton asserted in the press conference that he is prepared for the contest.

“We are prepared since the last month. The song is known, there’s nothing new for us; we only got to have the chance, the right to return the confidence to those who voted us and to represent Romania with honor on the stage, where we deserve to be. I believe it can be done. We are certainly prepared to compete”, he said.

In the letter to EBU is stated that Romania has a powerful emotional connection with the Eurovision contest, which began from the first years after the Revolution, and it’s participation in this competition was seen as the proof of Romania’s inclusion in the European Community.

 

Iuliana Marciuc: ‘It would be a pity for TVR not to broadcast Eurovision’

 

It would be a pity for TVR not to broadcast Eurovision, considering all the investments made in this effort, stated the producer of the National Selection 2016,  Iuliana Marciuc, on Wednesday.

“TVR has invested an important amount in the Eurovision 2016 project: the participation fee, travel expenses, dedicated programs and a whole team which was permanently near Ovidiu Anton”, Marciuc also said.

She added that “together with its partners, the public television has produced and organized the National Selection, conducting an international tournament to promote Ovidiu (Anton – e.n.)”.

Iuliana Marciuc hopes that the situation will unlock at TVR.

“Over the years, TVR was criticized for the investments it made in this project. Now, when Romania was excluded from the competition without any connection to the participation in Eurovision, the interest for this event suddenly increased. I continue to hope that the situation will unlock, especially for the reason that the Romanian Television is still a member of EBU”, she stated.

“It would be a pity for us not to participate and for TVR not to broadcast the competition, considering the investments made and the expectations of the public”, Iuliana Marciuc says in the end of her message.

 

 

 

Related posts

“Royal Fashion” by Dan Puric

Nine O' Clock

Vlad Tepes “comes back to life” in the Rockstadt Extreme Fest

Nine O' Clock

The 145th birth anniversary of Constantin Brancusi: Praises brought to the personality of the great sculptor

NINE O'CLOCK