Regulatory authority reports over 7 ml pay-TV subscribers in 2015

The number of Romanian subscribers to audiovisual program retransmission services topped 7 million at the end of 2015, marking an annual growth of 4 percent; most of them (65 percent) are cable subscribers, shows the 2015 Integrated Statistical Report on the Romanian Electronic Communications Market published  by the National Communications Administration and Regulation Authority (ANCOM).

According to statistics, as of December 31, 2015, of the 7.08 million pay-TV subscribers, almost 4.6 million (65 percent) were cable network subscribers, 2.4 million (34 percent) were satellite network subscribers and 80,000 (1 percent used IP TV technology.

Of the 4.6 million cable network subscribers, 1.9 million were using digital services, up by almost 10 percent compared to the end of 2014, which stands for a cable TV household penetration rate of 25 percent.

In addition, 60 percent of the total 7.08 million pay-TV subscribers are urban area subscribers, while the other 40 percent are rural subscribers.

Overall, the household penetration rate of audiovisual services was in excess of 94 percent, according to data reported to ANCOM by the providers.

ANCOM’s 2015 Integrated Statistical Report on the Romanian Electronic Communications Market was conducted based on data reported by active electronic communication service providers who carried out commercial activities between July 1 and December 31, 2015.

Related posts

IGSU: Firefighters evacuate water from 387 houses and 580 courtyards; 3 persons die in the floods in the past two days


SABIF: 768 called Ambulance Service; DSU: 6348 calls to SMURD in two days

Nine O' Clock

Religious freedom in Romania reflected in U.S. Department of State’s report

Nine O' Clock