On Saturday, June 4th, 2016, Bucharest will host the 6th edition of The Biggest Sport Hour in Romania, an event which is part of the national sport and health campaign “Mișcarea face bine”, powered by Dolce Sport and supported by Telekom Romania.
The Biggest Sport Hour is a sport festival, open to everyone – from children to grandparents, from amateur sportsmen to great performers, from those who simply love outdoor exercise to those seeking to change their sedentary lifestyle and discover the benefits of sports in everyday life.
The event will start at 9 a.m. and will take place on the ‘Arcul de Triumf’ National Rugby Stadium. The festival consists of three parts:
- Free fitness classes for 12 hours with the best trainers from home and abroad
- The biggest 100m relay run, lasting 12 hours (a first-time event for Romania, 100% dedicated to charity)
- TriKids – a special edition in honor of Children’s Day; a competition for children and families – cross, duathlon and family fun run
`We are honored and pleased that The Biggest Sport Hour has become a tradition that sports enthusiasts look forward to. It is an event which Telekom Romania enthusiastically supports and which gives us the opportunity to become involved in more charitable causes on top of promoting a healthy lifestyle. You are all welcome, young and old, on the ‘Arcul de Triumf’ National Rugby Stadium on June 4th, to support one of the event’s charitable causes by your efforts’, Ruxandra Vodă, Director of Communications of the Telekom Romania group, stated.
The Biggest Sports Hour – fitness classes
The 6th edition of the fitness and sport festival, which will take place on June 4th in Bucharest, brings many novelties and experiences for all outdoor exercise enthusiasts. The schedule consists of 12 hours packed with on-stage activities (from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) in a specially prepared area on the turf of the National Rugby Stadium, among which: Kangoo Dance, Steel Combat, Steel Tonic, Nirvana Fitness, Functional Movement, Yoga, KickBox, Hard Training and many more. Admission is free and will be given based on the number of available places in each class.
The complete event schedule is available at miscareafacebine.ro/clase, the campaign information platform.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/240293633015876/
The biggest 12-hour relay 100m run/person
For 12 hours participants will have the chance to put their limits to the test in the 100m sprint. Start time is at 9 a.m. and the last runner is going to close the race at 9 p.m. Anyone over 14 can sign up for the competition. The race will be timed by electronic chips, which display the results in real time. Moreover, for every participant who signs up and runs the 100m, the Telekom Romania Foundation will donate 1 Euro/participant to the event’s charitable causes – Galantom, Școala de Valori and Magicamp.
All those who are interested can register for free at http://miscareafacebine.ro/stafeta100m/#inscriere.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2024830614409330/
TriKids – a competition for children and parents
The event is dedicated especially to children and aims to empower them to adopt a healthy lifestyle, having sports, exercise and a correct diet as main pillars for a balanced development.
This sports event is made up of three races:
- The Children’s Race – 330 meters run, start time at 10 a.m., for children aged 4 and 5; 660 meters (start 10.15 a.m.) – 6-8 years old; 1 km (start 10.30 a.m.) – 9-11 years old and 1 km (start 10.45 a.m.) – 12-14 years old.
- Duathlon. The children aged 4 and 5 (11.15 a.m.) and those aged 6 to 8 (11.45 a.m.) will start with a 0,33 km run, continue with the bike race – 1 km and finish with another 0,33 km run. For the 9-11-year-olds (12.20 p.m.), there will be a 0,66km x 2 run and a 1,5km bike race, while for the 12-14-year-olds (1 p.m.): 1 km run + 3 km bike + 1 km run.
- Family Fun Run. Start time will be at 01.45 p.m. and parents, together with their children, will pass the baton from one to the other in a 330m race.
Registration is open on the official website http://trichallenge.ro/trikids/inscriere/formular/.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1603190983304409/.
The Biggest Sport Hour is fitness and sport festival within the “Mișcarea face bine” campaign powered by Dolce Sport and staged by Smartatletic, GetFit and Telekom Romania, in partnership with the Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee and DEDEMAN. Partners: Niro Investment, Aqua Carpatica, Ciuc Natur Radler.
The event will carry on in Brașov on July 9th and then in Constanța on August 6th.