NRCC invites you on 22nd of June, at Athénée Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel, starting with 18:30, to a practical Knowledge Center dedicated to this extensive topic, helping you to better understand the risks, challenges, protecting solutions and best practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Directors in a Romanian company, interested to learn more about your legal obligations; limited liability and joint-stock companies included;
- Managers with management powers delegated by directors;
- Managers working with a director in a Romanian company, interested to know if they are complying with the legal and contractual provision;
- Directors or Officer in a Romanian company, interested to learn how to be protected in case of a wrongful managerial act.
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Find out more on the directors’ obligations and liability in accordance with Romanian Law;
- Find out which types of liability are contemplated in the Romanian law and how could these be triggered;
- Learn how could you limit a director’s liability;
- Better understand the relevant Romanian jurisprudence;
- Learn more about how to protect your personal liability as a manager; basicly, D&O insurance means protecting personal assets, home and savings.
- Short overview regarding the applicable Romanian legal framework on the directors’ liability
- Types of liability. With examples from jurisprudence.
– towards the company – for breach of legal, statutory or contractual provisions;
– towards third parties – for breach of legal provisions;
For breach of legal provisions expressly triggering criminal liability.
– liability in cases of insolvency of the company.
– limitation of the directors’ liability.
– limitation of the directors’ liability.
Georgiana Sirbu, Managing Associate and Head of Spanish Desk
Georgiana has an extensive experience in advising clients in international transactions and implementation of complex projects.She is specialised in energy law, real estate and public procurement and has strong credentials from local and international law firms and companies. Prior to Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law, she was part of NNDKP team and subsequently acted as Head of Legal of a major PV energy group in Barcelona, Spain. In this role she was responsible with the management of all legal matters of the company´s operations spanning across Spain, Romania, Chile, Mexico and Brazil.
Alexandra Radu, Partner
Alexandra has an extensive transactional experience as an M&A lawyer and is a specialist in corporate, commercial and competition legal matters. She advises a variety of international investors and large Romanian companies on transactional and regulatory matters with respect to their acquisitions or divestments in Romania.
During her career Alexandra has been involved in several high mandates and has a thorough understanding of both local and international matters. She has advised on some of the most complex, multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions throughout Eastern Europe. Alexandra is highly experienced in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, post-acquisition restructuring and competition compliance, drafting and negotiating contracts. Prior to joining Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law, Alexandra was part for more than 10 years from the M&A team of CMS, one of the largest international law firms in Romania.
- What is Directors & Officers Liability Insurance?
- What is the practice among Romanian companies in insuring management liability?
- Case studies. Claims examples.
Antoaneta Nedelciu, Trade Credit Practice Leader,
Marsh Southern Sub-Region AUSTRIA/CEE
Antoaneta has an experience of 13 years in the insurance industry, owning a Master’s Degree at Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies specialized in Finance Management and Stock Exchange Markets. She is specialized mainly in management liability, professional liability and other financial lines. She joined Marsh Romania in January 2006. Antoaneta owns a rich experience as guest speaker at numerous events at TV or radio show, as an insurance expert. For more than 5 years she holds the position of Financial and Professional Lines Practice Leader at Marsh Romania. Since the beginning of 2016 she also holds the position of Trade Credit Practice Leader for Southern Sub-Region AUSTRIA/CEE at Marsh.
FEE & REGISTRATION
No fee for NRCC members. Non-members’ attendance fee – 80 lei.
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 21st of June 2016.
|18:30 – 19:30||Registration & Welcome drink|
|19:30 – 20:10||Presentations|
|20:10 – 20:30||Q&A Session|
|20:30 – 22:00||Networking Drink|
The Netherlands Romanian Chamber of Commerce (NRCC) is one of the most active bilateral chambers, representing The Netherlands, since many years, the largest foreign investor in Romania.
All our efforts aim to support on long term two major objectives:
1) promoting, enhancing and facilitating commercial exchanges between The Netherlands and Romania;
2) offering a valuable platform for communication, professional leadership and best practices sharing, all contributing to the sustainable development of the Dutch-Romanian business community.
The dedicated monthly and annual events, the industry-driven Task Forces, our active membership in “Coalitia pentru Dezvoltarea Romaniei” and the close contact with the Embassy of The Netherlands in Romania are the foundation of our activity.
After 10 years of activity, NRCC network includes 160+ members, representing 20+ industries. Over 10.000 persons attended during the time the chamber’s events.