WORLD

French Ambassador Francois Saint-Paul thanks all who signed the book of condolences: We will continue fight against intolerance; solidarity gestures, important

The brutal Nice attack stained with blood France’s National Day, said Ambassador Francois Saint-Paul on Friday, who gave assurances that the fight against intolerance and disrespect of life will continue.

“Yesterday, we celebrated together the National Day and we were all happy, French and Romanians and our guests. Today, a brutal attack in Nice stained with blood this national holiday. As I said yesterday in my speech – our response can no longer be but a common one because we defend together our common values. You can be sure that we will continue our fight against intolerance, against disregard of human life and for respecting our values, which are common to Romania and France,” said Francois Saint-Paul, at the French Embassy seat.

The French ambassador thanked all those who came on Friday at the embassy and signed the book of condolences.

“I would like to thank all those who have already come to express their condolences. Mr President Iohannis was the first to sign the book of condolences and I have seen many proofs of solidarity from the authorities and from Romanians. The book of condolences will be open today, on Saturday and Sunday, and I would like to emphasize that these gestures of solidarity for us are very important. Together we will respond, because this solidarity is very important,” said the French diplomat.

 

Romania’s Foreign Ministry: Romanians have not been identified so far among Nice attack dead

 

Representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE) announce that, until now, no Romanian citizens have been identified among those killed in the attack in Nice, but the identification operations are not completed yet.

According to a release sent to Agerpres on Friday, representatives of the Consulate General of Romania in Marseilles visited all four hospitals in Nice and the hospital in the town of Frejus, where the people wounded in the attack received emergency care.

“Following the meetings with representatives of hospitals, Romanian citizens have not been identified among those wounded, except for the two Romanian citizens hospitalized, about whom the MAE had already announced. The head of the Romanian consular office in Marseilles went to the centre for emergencies in Nice, the unit that manages including the situation of the deceased, and the reception and counseling center for families. The representatives of the two institutions have communicated that so far Romanian citizens have not been identified among the deceased. We mention, however, that the operations to identify all deceased persons are not completed,” the MAE release reads.

The quoted source mentions that the Romanian Embassy in Paris maintains permanent contact with the crisis task force set up at inter-ministerial level in the capital of France, including the crisis task force at Alpes Maritimes Department, headed by French Interior Minister.

“The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, via the Contact Centre and Support for Romanian Citizens Abroad (active 24 / 7), takes phone calls from some Romanian citizens in Nice and from their relatives and grants them specialist consular assistance by taking all necessary steps in this sense,” adds the MAE.

Related posts

Deadly blast hits bus carrying Israelis in Bulgaria

Nine O' Clock

Fugitive Edward Snowden asks Russia for asylum

Nine O' Clock

Finance Minister: Romania can be a part of the European level decision on financial aid for Greece

Nine O' Clock