Romania’s Foreign Ministry has announced that one Romanian national died in the aftermath of the Nice attack. He was a member of a Romanian family gone missing.
MAE on Tuesday reported that the French authorities confirmed the death.
“The identification of the dead body of the Romanian victim conducted by French authorities ended short time ago, with support from Romanian authorities,” said MAE.
A minor and his mother were identified among the injured who had been rushed to two hospitals in Nice. Positive developments have been reported in their state of health.
An official of Romania’s General Consulate in Marseille and Romania’s honorary consul in Nice are with the family of the dead Romanian, providing assistance.
At the same time, officials of the Romanian Embassy in Paris and Romania’s General Consulate in Marseille are keeping in permanent touch with a task force set up by the French authorities.
MAE has extended heart-felt condolences to the bereaved family, while assuring them of its full assistance.
Iohannis: I learned with deep regret news about Romanian killed in Nice attack
President Klaus Iohannis sent on Tuesday a message of condolences to the family of the Romanian killed in the Nice terrorist attack, saying that nothing justifies abominable terrorist acts, and adding that he stays in touch with Romanian diplomatic authorities to sort out the situation of the deceased man’s wife and child.
“I have learned with deep regret the news, recently confirmed by the French authorities, of the death of the Romanian citizen who had been missing since the terrorist attacks in Nice, on Thursday evening. I convey my deepest condolences to the family and my thoughts are with them in these moments of terrible pain. I wish speedy recovery and strength to the wife and their child, who are hospitalized in Nice. I am in permanent contact with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the representatives of the Romanian diplomatic missions to France, who are giving all the help and support needed in this dramatic situation. Nothing can ease the pain of his family, as nothing can justify such heinous terrorist acts,” Iohannis says in the message.
He reiterates Romania’s firm determination to continue, alongside European and international partners, the fight against the scourge of terrorism with all the instruments and mechanisms available.
PM Ciolos extends condolences to family of Romanian killed in Nice attack
Prime Minister Dacian Ciolos is extending condolences to the family of the Romanian national killed in the recent attacks in Nice, France, saying that the dead man’s wife and underage son, both critically injured but stable, are in hospital.
“Among the people killed in the barbarian attack in Nice is a Romanian national. I know it is small consolation to the family and their beloved, but I want to ask them to please accept my immense regret over and condolences on their loss. This is a tragedy that has stricken a whole family. The wife and child, seriously injured in the attack are in hospital. Fortunately, information so far indicates their situation is stable,” Ciolos said in a statement released on Tuesday.
He added that Romanian authorities are in touch with the French medical services, and the latest developments in the health of other two Romanian injured in the attack are positive.
“We are in permanent touch with the French medical services. I know we have better news about the other two Romanians injured in the attack. Both are still hospitalised, but their health developments are positive. Our authorities, foreign ministry, embassy in Paris and the consular service are available for these families and we will do all that is humanly possible to help them,” added Ciolos.