Orange Foundation announced the selection of the schools in the rural areas where Digitaliada, a pilot project for digital education for the secondary school, will take place in the school year 2016-2017. The pilot project aims to improve school performances of the students in mathematics and ICT by using modern teaching methods which add to the traditional ones.
Winning schools were selected by competition, by a committee consisting in representatives of the Orange Foundation and of the project team. More than 80 secondary schools in the rural areas subscribed to the competition from March 1 to May 2016. Of these, 30 schools have passed to the second stage, which involved on-site evaluation visits and interviews with the representatives of the educational institutions.
The selected schools have accomplished most of the competition’s requirements, by filling the best application files and proving a significant concern in using digital methods in education.
The 10 selected schools are:
- Solont Commune Secondary School, county of Bacau
- Secondary School No.1, Poiana Marului Village, county of Brasov
- “Tiberiu Morariu” Secondary School, Salva Village, county of Bistrita-Nasaud
- “Vasile Voiculescu” Secondary School, Parscov Village, county of Buzau
- Luna Secondary School, Luna Commune, county of Cluj
- “Dimitrie Luchian” Secondary School, Piscu Village, county of Galati
- Bacia Village Secondary School, county of Hunedoara
- Muncelu de Sus Secondary School, Mogosesti-Siret Commune, county of Iasi
- Oporelu Commune Secondary School, county of Olt
- “Samson Bodnarescu” Secondary School, Galanesti Village, county of Suceava
In the following period, winning schools will receive electronic equipment and digital educational materials for grades V-VIII, together with lesson plans. Also, mathematics and ICT teachers from the 10 schools will benefit from specialized training, assistance and consultancy from the project team, during the whole period of the project.
Digitaliada project is held with the support of the Primary and Secondary Education General Directorate within the National Ministry for Education and Scientific Research, being implemented by the Orange Foundation with the support of the following NGOs: European Actors Association, The Book of Dalia Association, The Online Society Association and New Horizons Foundation.
The Orange Foundation is a non-profit organization which involves in the community’s through philanthropic projects aimed at bringing positive changes in the lives of the disadvantaged people. Orange Foundation is developing health, educational and cultural projects for people with visual / hearing impairments, as well as digital education projects for children from the disadvantaged areas, in order to perform their social integration.