The city that will be named “The Youth Capital of Romania” during 2 May 2017-1 May 2018 will receive a prize of 50,000 euros, granted by the initiators of the program – Youth Council in Romania (CTR), Cluj-Napoca SHARE Federation, the PONT Group and Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR). The announcement of the winner will take place on November 13 in Timisoara.
The 50,000 euros amount represents both a starting point for the funding projects proposed by the winning city, and an available resource for their own contribution in attracting the additional sources of funding. After the award ceremony, the initiators of the program will continue their efforts to mobilize some public and private partnerships to support the program.
The city that will hold the title of “Youth Capital in Romania” will be chosen by an independent jury, which will include representatives of the public institutions, nongovernmental sector and the private one:
- Andrei Popescu – State Secretary, Ministry of Youth and Sports;
- Vlad Stefan – President, National Council of Students;
- Vlad Chereches – President, National Alliance of Student Organizations in Romania;
- Mihaela Girleanu – Executive Director, National Organization “Romania’s Scouts”;
- Traian Ispasiu – Vice President Promotion, The Young Entrepreneurs Association in Romania;
- Anca Nastase – Executive Director, VOLUM Federation;
- Michael Valcea – Vice President, Timis County Youth Foundation;
- Bogdan Talmaciu – Representative, Social Democratic Youth;
- Maria Forna – Executive President, National Liberal Youth;
- Vlad Tone – Executive President, The Youth Alliance of Liberals and Democrats;
- Gabriel Popa – President, The Youth Organization of People’s Movement;
- Konrad Res – Regional Coordinator, The Hungarian Youth Conference of Romania;
- Representative, Samsung.
The jury will examine each application received by a number of criteria, including the motivation that led to the grounding application, the coherence of the vision, mission and objectives of each application as well as the correlation of the proposed projects with the strategies and policy included in the public documents regarding youth.
The deadline by which the complete applications could be submitted for the title of “Capital of Youth in Romania” was October 14. The applicants were to be notified about the receipt of the applications and eligibility until 18 October.