Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu on Friday said that he is informed every hour on the problems caused by the unfavourable weather, specifying that “things are under control.”
“I’m being informed by the Internal Affairs Ministry, too. Mrs. Minister is sending me a report every hour with the closed roads and (…) is telling me that things are worked out, just like they were worked out when harder periods occurred, in January, when we had Code Red,” said Grindeanu in a press conference in southeastern Braila.
According to the Premier, things are currently “under control.”
The Emergency Situations General Inspectorate (IGSU) on Friday announced that during the two days of unfavourable weather conditions, negative effects were recorded in 22 counties (out of 40) at the infrastructure level of the road, railway, water transport and in the electricity supply.
Eight national roads, nine county roads closed because of bad weather
The Romanian Police General Inspectorate (IGPR) has announced that as of Friday at 09:00hrs, EEST, eight national roads, nine county roads and one communal path were closed to traffic because of bad weather.
The closed DN national roads are:
* DN26 Vanatori – Blagesti, in the counties of Galati and Vaslui
* DN24D, in Galati County, between the intersection on DN26 (Foltesti area) and the Vaslui County borders
* DN24A Murgeni- Falciu, in Vaslui County
* DN24B Albita – Husi, Vaslui County
* DN2F Vladia – Ivanesti, Vaslui County
* DN15D Piatra Neamt – Roman, Neamt County
* DN11A Podu Turcului – Barlad, Vaslui County and portion thereof in Vrancea County
* DN 1 H, Alesd – Sinteu portion (Bihor County).
The closed DJ country roads are:
* DJ 251B from Certesti to Blanzi
* DJ 240A from Certesti to Carlomanesti
* DJ 251 from Matca to Valea Marului
* DJ 252 from Nicoresti to Buciumeni
* DJ 251A from Corod to Certesti
* DJ 252A from Poiana to Buciumeni
* DJ 244 D from Husi to Bunesti
* DJ 244B from Siscani to Cretesti
* DJ 244C from Husi to Padureni.
The communal road DC closed to traffic is DC 134, linking Sinaia to Cota 1400.
According to IGPR, traffic of motor vehicles weighing in more than 7.5 tonnes is restricted on DN28A Targu Frumos – Pascani, Iasi County.