President Klaus Iohannis sent a message of condolences on Tuesday to Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland following the suicide attack in Manchester, informs the Presidential Administration in a press release sent to AGERPRES.
According to the quoted source, the head of the state, on his behalf and our country’s, addressed sincere condolences to the families of the victims and wished sped-up recovery of the injured.
“In these trying moments, I want to express Romania’s and the Romanian people’s full solidarity with the United Kingdom and its whole people. I assure you of Romania’s support in continuing fight against terrorism,” reads president Klaus Iohannis’s message.
Earlier on Tuesday, president Klaus Iohannis expressed on Twitter his solidarity with the United Kingdom hit by terror.
“Shocked and saddened by the terrible news from Manchester. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. Solidarity with the UK,” wrote Iohannis on Twitter.
Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu also expressed his empathy with the families of those who lost their lives or were injured in the explosion that took place in Manchester on Monday night at the Manchester Arena .
“All our thoughts go to the families of those who have lost their lives and to those injured in the Manchester explosion. The Embassy of Romania in London is in constant contact with the British authorities to find out if there are Romanians among the victims. The emergency number of the diplomatic mission is 0044 7738716335,” wrote Premier Sorin Grindeanu on Facebook.
MAE: Only one assistance application from Romanians in Manchester after terror attack
Romania’s Foreign Ministry (MAE) on Tuesday reported that only one application for assistance had been filed by a Romanian national to find the situation of a family member that was in Manchester when a terror attack occurred on Monday evening.
MAE says in a press statement that the local Romanian diplomatic mission found out that the person in question is out of harm’s way.
“MAE is firmly condemning the terror attack that occurred on the evening of May 22 evening in Manchester, Great Britain, that left people dead and many injured, and it is reiterating Romania’s support for the fight against terrorism. The Foreign Ministry, via the Romanian Embassy in London, continues the procedures with the local authorities to get up-to-date information about the existence among the affected people of Romanian nationals. A mobile consular team from the Romanian Embassy in London has left for Manchester to secure contact between the Romanian diplomatic mission and Manchester authorities,” says MAE.
MAE says the Romanian nationals affected by the Manchester terror attack can call for assistance by dialling: 0044 20 76029833; 0044 20 76027328; 0044 20 76036694; 0044 20 76025193; 0044 20 7603 0572; 0044 20 7602 2065.
State Secretary Arafat on Manchester attack: It’s sad it repeated, nothing can justify such atrocities
Secretary of State with the Interior Ministry (MAI) Raed Arafat sent his condolences on Tuesday to the victims’ families of the Manchester terror attack that took place on Monday and underscored that “nothing can justify such atrocities.”
“My condolences to the parents and families of those who fell victims of the cowardly attack in Manchester! Nothing can justify such atrocities, for whatever reasons, wherever we might be in the world. It’s sad to see that such attacks are repeating and further aim, without scruples at innocents and children. Today we all stand beside the UK and Manchester!” Raed Arafat wrote in a Facebook post.
The Islamic State organisation claimed responsibility for Monday’s deadly attack at the Manchester Arena and said it was carried out with an explosive device planted at the concert, according to a statement the group posted on Telegram, according to Reuters.