After the success of the last year, the World Week of Italian Cuisine will be held in Romania this year between November 20 and 26, 2017. The initiative, which is promoted by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and locally coordinated by the Italian Embassy in Romania, aims to promote and capitalize in Romania the high quality Italian culinary tradition, a distinctive sign of the Italian identity and culture, as well as to use oenological and gourmet quality products.
A number of events focused on the Italian excellences and on the quality of Made in Italy products in the agri-food sector will be organized:
– Tuesday, November 21, and Wednesday, November 22: The Italian Cultural Institute of Bucharest will organize a theater performance for the school children, called “Bucatarie în varful picioarelor” and dedicated to the work of the great gastronome Pellegrino Artusi, at the Aldo Moro School and Dante Alighieri High School.
– Wednesday, November 22: Italian Trade Agency (ICE) Office in Bucharest will organize the event called “Taste Italy” (“Degusta Italia” – e.n.). The event will be dedicated to promoting Italian excellence in the food&wine sector, with a special accent on the products dedicated to the Hospitality-Restaurant-Catering Industry (ho.re.ca.). The program includes a number of bilateral meetings between exhibitors and possible local partners (importers, distributors, big retail sales network buyers, restaurant buyers, F&B hotel managers, winery managers and buyers, sommeliers, gourmet stores, wine bar) as well as a cooking show with the first course.
– Wednesday, November 22: The Embassy of Italy and the delegation of the Italian Academy of Gastronomy in Bucharest, with the cooperation of the Bucharest Opera, will organize the event called “Bucataria la Opera” (“Cuisine at the Opera” – e.n.), aiming to make those who love the lyric genre to discover the connection with the cuisine of some of the most famous Italian composers, through a dissertation followed by a regional dish buffet. After the performance of Madama Butterfly under the baton of Master Marcello Mortadelli, there will be a buffet during which around 100 special guests will taste dishes of the Italian culinary tradition so dear to Puccini.
– Thursday, November 23: The Italian Chamber of Commerce for Romania will organize in Timisoara a high gastronomy buffet dedicated to the Italian Cuisine Week in the World, on the occasion of the “Gala of the Italian Entrepreneurs in the Timis County”.
– Friday, November 24: The Italian Cultural Institute of Bucharest will organize a literary dinner called “La cina in munții Dolomiti” (“Dinner in the Dolomites” – e.n.), which promotes the regional gastronomy and the natural and cultural heritage of the Oriental Alps, a heritage of the humanity. The gains of the dinner will be donated to the Pollicino Association in Petrosani.