One week ago, H.E. the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev addressed the nation on the topic “New Opportunities for Development in the Context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution” stating the essence of the fourth industrial revolution and outlining a strategic plan for its implementation in 10 stages.
The Kazakh President stressed that the world enters an era of great and rapid changes in technology, economy and social progress. According to the President’s message, the Central Asian country will continue to industrialize and focus on innovations, as well as modernization and digitalization of its enterprises. Kazakhstan plans to develop its own ecosystem of developers around innovation centers, and promote its infrastructure and smart systems.
The ten stages were outlined as follows:
- Industrialization should become the flagship of the introduction of new technologies;
- Further development of resource potential;
- Smart technologies – a chance for a breakthrough in the development of the agro-industrial complex;
- Increasing the efficiency of transport and logistics infrastructure;
- Introduction of modern technologies in constructions and municipal sector;
- “Resetting” the financial sector;
- Human capital – the basis of modernization;
- Effective public administration;
- Combating corruption and the rule of law;
- “Smart Cities” for the “Smart Nation”.
The full text of the President’s Messages is accessible on the website of the Embassy of Kazakhstan at: