On June 14-15, in Bucharest, the Interactive Central and Eastern Europe Festival – iCEE.fest – will present, on 7 stages, speakers from companies such as Facebook, Google, The New York Times, Shazam, CNN and Netflix, who will talk about the latest digital and technology trends.
This year, the organisers propose no fewer than 9 main content lines – the full agenda is here – and almost 200 large company representatives who will give presentations and take part in workshops, plus independent speakers and trainers known throughout the world.
Among them: Gerd Leonhard, author of the famous book ‘Technology vs. Humanity’; David Scheider, co-author of ‘The Death of Stalin’ comedy; futurist Simon Gosling; Brian Wong, the youngest digital & tech entrepreneur who received financing and author of ‘The Cheat Code’; Grant Sabatie – a bitcoin millionaire and promoter of alternative saving methods etc.
The nine content lines are:
- Disruption by Technology – on how technology changes business models
- VR/AR & Creativity – spectacular viral campaigns and VR projects in cinema experiences
- Advertising & Marcom – the latest trends in online commercial communication
- Digital Content & AdTechnology – the challenges that content producers face and how they can monetise their traffic in an industry dominated by Google and Facebook
- eCommerce & Retail – line dedicate to those who sell products and services online
- Fintech, Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies – a separate stage dedicated to the financial-banking world and to new technologies in this field
- eHealth & MedTech – the transformations that the digital brought in medicine and the relation with patients, in partnership with the prestigious Stanford Medicine X programme
- Tech & Democracy – on technology’s impact on public and political communication, in partnership with Majoritas
- Start-ups & Investments – a stage dedicated to entrepreneurs, investment funds and start-ups
Apart from the “serious” side, as usual, iCEE.fest will be dotted with stand-up comedy moments offered by British actor and comedian Jeff Leach, the host of the festival, and also with concerts given by Arme, The Mono Jacks and Suie Paparude, in “The Summer Playground” – the festival’s area for socialising and fun.