- Enel X Romania was launched to offer new, innovative value-added solutions tailored to the needs of individuals, companies and municipalities in the country
- The e-Mobility plan’s charging points will be installed, starting from 2019, in most Romanian regions, major cities and on main traffic routes, starting in Bucharest, Timișoara and Constanța
Enel X Romania, a subsidiary of the Enel Group’s advanced energy services business line, Enel X, was officially unveiled today and launched the largest public e-Mobility infrastructure plan in the country. The plan will include the installation of around 2,500 charging points across all of Romania’s regions between 2019 and 2023, involving an overall investment of between 15 and 20 million euros.
“Enel X Romania is committed to giving EV owners and fleets the ability to travel throughout the entire country, from East to West and North to South, without having to worry about where they are going to find the next charging point. With this ambitious plan, involving the development of a widespread public charging infrastructure over the next five years, we will enable cleaner and more sustainable transportation across Romania,” said Marius Chiriac, Head of Enel X Romania.
The first charging infrastructure will be installed in 2019 in Bucharest, Timișoara and Constanța. The plan covers all of Romania’s regions, and is aimed at tailoring the distribution and installation of charging stations to optimise the development of EV use in the country, at both household and institutional level, as well as among businesses, through the demand from fleet owners. Approximately 300 charging points are expected to be installed by the end of 2019.
Enel X Romania will offer to install charging stations on the premises of “Recharge Partners”, including shopping malls, supermarkets, restaurants and hotels that want to attract electric car users. The installation and maintenance of the charging infrastructure comes at no cost to the company’s Recharge Partners in exchange for the availability of parking areas.
The company is also offering a similar service to municipalities that are interested in improving air quality by encouraging electric mobility. Enel X Romania will help local authorities identify the most appropriate solutions and will provide the installation and maintenance of the charging infrastructure at no cost, on public parking spaces.
The infrastructure to be installed in Romania is based on the new, intelligent charging solutions of the Enel X global business line. These are modular, scalable, turn-key solutions designed for individuals, companies and institutions. The plan envisages the installation of 22 kW (Quick) charging stations, 50 kW (Fast) stations and over 150 kW (Ultrafast) stations.
The new products included in the plan are part of the recently launched “Juice Family”, namely:
– JuicePole: the roadside charging station which will be rolled-out in cities, facilitating the charging experience thanks to a new screen and integration with the new Enel X Recharge app. It can simultaneously charge two cars with 22 kW of AC power and is equipped with the leading connectivity technology. The Juice Pole can be activated through the Enel X Recharge App, which allows users to identify a nearby station, to reserve a plug and also to monitor the charging status of their vehicle in real time from a smartphone.
– JuiceBox: the new box station that can be installed at private premises but is also available in commercial version for charging corporate vehicle fleets.
– JuiceLamp: the solution created by Enel X that integrates public lighting with the charging infrastructure. It is an “intelligent LED lamp” that, in addition to ensuring high efficiency and remote operation, it enables two cars to charge at the same time. The JuiceLamp is also set up for video surveillance, air quality monitoring and fibre connectivity or urban Wi-Fi.
With its long-term partners, Enel X Romania can:
– help companies analyse fleet operation data, offering tailored charging solutions for vehicles based on specific customer needs;
– provide a comprehensive tool for the management of charging infrastructure, the Recharge Manager
– expand the charging infrastructure in line with fleet requirements: JuiceStation is a competitive and effective solution that enables companies to connect a series of commercial JuiceBoxes.