ARTS & LEISURE EXHIBITIONS SUPPLEMENTS

The Peasant Museum redefines traditions by a dynamic and contemporary manner

112 years have passed since, based on the Royal Decree no.2777 of July 13, 1906, signed by King Carol I and Mihail Vladescu, the inspirational Minister of Cults of that time, Alexandru Tzigara-Samurcas is appointed as the Director of the Museum of Ethnography, National Art, Decorative Art and Industrial Art, known to the Bucharest people as The Road Museum. Since then, the Museum has gone to many challenges, with the roller of the history of the 20th century. Transformed, relocated, with its collection scattered, simply dismantled and reestablished in 1990 under the name creatively suggested by the team consisting of Horia Bernea and Irina Nicolau, namely The Romanian Peasant Museum.

Today, the Romanian Peasant National Museum is still in a redevelopment process; the neo-Romanian building was subject to consolidation and restoration works, and at present, the objects from the permanent exhibition are gathered and housed in warehouses. The temporary exhibition halls are still open: Tancred Banateanu Hall, the Foyer Hall and the Aquarium Hall, as well as the Peasant Art Gallery – a good place to admire and buy old and new peasant objects. In addition, movie lovers are awaited with many art movies and documentaries at the Peasant Museum Cinema.

The Peasant Museum redefines traditions by a dynamic and contemporary manner, inviting both the specialists and the general public to participate actively and creatively through the actions and events it organizes.

“On the occasion of the Centenary, the Romanian Peasant National Museum thanks you for visiting it every year and continues to wait for you with temporary exhibitions, fairs, conferences, book launches, creative workshops, concerts and movie screenings”, reads a press release issued by the institution.

 

 

 

Related posts

Iranian art at Peasant’s Museum in Bucharest

Paintings, silver objects and furniture for art collectors

Nine O' Clock

President Iohannis opens in Warsaw “A centennial of the Alliance. Romanian – Polish diplomacy 1918-1939” exhibition

Nine O' Clock

Leave a Comment